Parenting

How relevant are ‘parenting issues’ to today’s innovation investment?

How relevant are ‘parenting issues’ to today’s innovation investment?

Checking out these news stories may help you decide

This brief roundup highlights topical parenting stories in fields as diverse as social services, working conditions, employment legislation, employee motivation, environmental and disability issues:

Survey shows 45% of American men wanting to be remembered as ‘environmentally friendly fathers’

‘Spiraling cost of childcare pushing families into poverty’, claims report

Shifting the blame for ‘lone parent hardship’ to ‘shirking fathers’ may prove unhelpful

Declining Japanese birthrate = increased paternity leave?

Bringing meaning and purpose to our lives may not be enough

What has changed in parenting since 1994?

Predictable frustrations that you might not have considered, lessons for the rest of us

A new book stirs an old debate

Worth upto $150 an hour?

19 Responses to “How relevant are ‘parenting issues’ to today’s innovation investment?”

1. AflatoonS says:

“The study shows that 65% of American Dads (over 36 million men) agree that “when my kids are grown, I want them to remember me as teaching them to be environmentally responsible”. ” While American dads so fascinated with inculcating eco-friendliness in their children, how can American moms help environment while raising their children?
    Here are 10 “things to do” for American moms who are environment concious:
    This is all what moms can do to help environment! I wonder if moms can do more than dads to raise their children become more environment friendly, as they spend more time with their children?

2. Debbie Todd says:

I’m having a look at the new website, it’s looking good.I’m having a look through the articles and the one on Parenting caught my eye

3. Rob Jara says:

That sounds reasonable, Deb. Any results online in the UK?

4. Rob Jara says:

It’s seems like a cross-cultural phenomenon, with cases from the US and the UK. What’s you’re assessment, Deb?

• Debbie Todd says:

This seems to me to be an awful lot of money to pay for somebody to tell you the stuff that, traditionally, would have been advice you’d get from your Mum, aunties and big sisters.Also, when I  had another look at this article in Innovation Investment Journal, I noticed that “bringing up a child costs £800 (£1200) a month” and this doesn’t surprise me if money needs to be spent on this sort of advice for parents!

• Rob Jara says:

I agree, and I wonder how certain individuals decided they are better off with these entrepreneurs instead of people more closely related to them!

• Debbie Todd says:

I think in the UK, loads of people these days don’t live close to family (mostly because they move to where the jobs are) – those people would probably find it hard to get day-to-day advice from family

• Rob Jara says:

But I’m pretty sure friends are always there; like you said, it’s an awful lot of money to pay for someone that will probably just use big words and jargons to compensate for his/her services being provided.

5. Debbie Todd says:

It does make me wonder how parents will manage to afford this sort of advice and will this sort of service be something that’s more likely to be taken up by  very busy career women rather than the average parent.  Who are the people who are using these services and are they getting value for money here

6. [...] How relevant are ‘parenting issues’ to today’s innovation investment? [...]

7. Conrad says:

I personally had been researching for creative concepts for my own website and came across
    your blog post, “How relevant are

8. Adrienne says: